F-35a's Arrive at Paris Air Show
Jonathan
2017-06-14 23:26:20 UTC
They released this very short teaser video
https://vimeo.com/lmaeronautics/review/220824974/991b1db221

Details on F-35A trip to Paris Air Show begin to emerge

By: Valerie Insinna, May 17, 2017 (Photo Credit: Senior Airman Christine
Groening/U.S. Air Force)

WASHINGTON — Two F-35As will go to the Paris Air Show this June, but
they won’t be flown by U.S. Air Force pilots, a service official said
Wednesday.

One F-35A from Hill Air Force Base, Utah, and another from Luke Air
Force Base, Arizona, are currently slated to conduct flying
demonstrations at Paris Air Show, said Col. David Lyons, commander of
the 388th Fighter Wing. Hill AFB’s 388th Fighter Wing is home to the
first operational F-35A squadron, while Luke AFB is a major joint strike
fighter training base.

Lyons added that the two jets will be flown by test pilots from F-35
prime contractor Lockheed Martin during their stint in Paris, but was
not able to comment on why airmen would not be piloting the aircraft.

Defense News
Scratch that — the F-35A will go to Paris Air Show after all
Plans for the F-35’s first appearance in Paris are finally coming
together after a slow start. In April, officials from the F-35 joint
program executive office said the aircraft would sit out from the show,
held every other year at Le Bourget Airport in France. But on May 8, the
Air Force reversed course, announcing its intention to send aircraft to
the event.

The U.S. military has been hesitant to show its stealth aircraft in
Paris since the early '90s, when the Pentagon grew worried about alleged
espionage involving the F-117. Since then, the Air Force has conducted a
B-2 flyover in 1995, but otherwise has kept its stealth jets from
appearing at the show. A scheduled F-22 visit was canceled in 2009.

Defense News
Paris Air Show organizers invited US F-35s to conduct flight demos
An Air Force spokesman said there were no specific concerns about the
aircraft flying in the show.

“We have processes, procedures and networks in place to ensure that we
can fly where we want to fly and when we want to fly, and we’re not
concerned about it,” he said.

The Air Force does not always rely on pilots from its operational
squadrons to conduct demos at air shows. For instance, its heritage
flight team flew F-35s at the Royal International Air Tattoo in England
last year.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/details-on-f-35a-trip-to-paris-air-show-begin-to-emerge
Jonathan
2017-06-15 00:26:45 UTC
F-35s at the Royal International Air Tattoo in England last year.
Here's a long video of last year's Royal air show where
the F-35 a and b can be seen going through it's paces
at the 2:50 mark.

It's worth taking a look at the A 400 Atlas transport
going through some incredible aerobatics for a big plane
at the 32:50 mark

And the helicopter show is especially noteworthy
at the 42 minute mark, I didn't expect to see
a CH 47 Chinook doing those kind of turns.
It appears they broke it as the commentator
said that was the end of aerobatics for the
CH 47 due to concerns about the effects on
the aircraft.

And in the last five minutes the F-22 stole
the show along with an Osprey.

Royal International Air Tattoo 2016 | FULL REPORT

Daryl
2017-06-15 01:09:19 UTC
Post by Jonathan
[...]
This whole thing is BS. The F-35 isn't scheduled to fly as a
demonstrator. The F-18E is. This is more of the same minformation as
last year.. This year, like last year, the F-35 is peogged fo static
display..

Sure do wish that all of you would do a little research before you spew
this vomit.

---
http://www.avg.com
jonathan
2017-06-15 02:03:51 UTC
Post by Daryl
Post by Jonathan
[...]
The Paris air show is every two years and this is the
first appearance there for the F-35, Lockheed said
it'll fly at the show. You don't seem to know
what you're talking about.

Look for yourself.

They released this very short teaser video
https://vimeo.com/lmaeronautics/review/220824974/991b1db221
Post by Daryl
---
http://www.avg.com
Daryl
2017-06-15 04:28:15 UTC
Post by jonathan
Post by Daryl
Post by Jonathan
[...]
Two F-35s were static in the 2015. USAF or the Marines didn't present
the static display. That was done by Lockheed. This was what all the
hallaboo was about. There were claims that both F-35AF-1/2 were
supposed to fly but aborted due to problems. They flew in, parked,
displayed on the Ground and then left at the end of the 2015 Paris Air
Show. These were NOT Production Models.

Careful, you sounding a little like Fred on this one.

---
http://www.avg.com

Daryl
2017-06-15 01:41:46 UTC
Post by Jonathan
[...]
Here is the Paris Air Show Schedule for the F-35A. This comes directly
from the Paris Air Show site
https://www.siae.fr/en/trade_visitors/list_of_aircraft.htm

This aeronef will be presented:
• Monday 19 June on place EXT
• Tuesday 20 June on place EXT
• Wednesday 21 June on place EXT
• Thursday 22 June on place EXT
• Friday 23 June on place EXT
• Saturday 24 June on place EXT
• Sunday 25 June on place EXT

It's not only schedule to fly but to do duty as a static.

Your link is just rehashing the BS from last year where they ran all
this crap up the flagpole and you bought it then too. Last year, the
F-35 was static only and the same stink was raised.

Sounds like more of a Trump Tweet Soundbite than anything else.

---
http://www.avg.com