Blackhawks to Chile (Aviation Week.)
David E. Powell
2018-04-05 20:08:54 UTC
Will they be augmenting Hueys?

http://aviationweek.com/defense/first-new-chilean-black-hawks-arrive-august

<http://aviationweek.com/defense/first-new-chilean-black-hawks-arrive-august>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_Air_Force#Current_inventory

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_Air_Force#Current_inventory>
d***@hotmail.com
2018-04-05 20:45:50 UTC
The Ukraine is buying a large number of (Airbus) helos too:

""Minister of Foreign Affairs of France Le Drian and I signed an agreement on
the purchase of 55 modern Airbus helicopters. Together with our Mi-8
helicopters, Airbus helicopters will carry out the tasks of the National Police,
State Emergencies Service, Border Services and the National Guard as part of the
modern mobile helicopter service," Avakov wrote on Twitter on Friday.

According to the Interior Ministry's press service, Ukraine expects to receive
the first helicopters this year already. The Interior Ministry plans to receive
helicopters of three models - Н145, Н125 and Н225. The French-produced
helicopters will help operation of the State Service for Emergency Situations,
the National Guard, the National Police and the State Border Service of
Ukraine."

See:

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/494421.html
David E. Powell
2018-04-07 04:04:40 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
""Minister of Foreign Affairs of France Le Drian and I signed an agreement on
the purchase of 55 modern Airbus helicopters. Together with our Mi-8
helicopters, Airbus helicopters will carry out the tasks of the National Police,
State Emergencies Service, Border Services and the National Guard as part of the
modern mobile helicopter service," Avakov wrote on Twitter on Friday.
According to the Interior Ministry's press service, Ukraine expects to receive
the first helicopters this year already. The Interior Ministry plans to receive
helicopters of three models - Н145, Н125 and Н225. The French-produced
helicopters will help operation of the State Service for Emergency Situations,
the National Guard, the National Police and the State Border Service of
Ukraine."
http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/494421.html
Thank you for this! I hadn't thought that choppers would be on the menu for Ukraine, at least ones imported from NATO nations.

Very interesting.

Hmm... I wonder if European nations will consider selling armed helicopters to the Ukrainians?