Anarchy in Seattle - "an exercise in trust and de-escalation.”
2020-06-19 17:09:40 UTC
https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone
Seattle’s hard-Left secessionist movement has claimed its
six blocks in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
For the past week, Black Lives Matter and Antifa-affiliated activists
have
engaged in a pitched battle with Seattle police officers and National
Guard soldiers in the neighborhood, with the heaviest conflict occurring
at the intersection of 11th and Pike, where law enforcement had
constructed a barricade to defend the Seattle Police East Precinct
building. Hoping to break through the barricade, protesters attacked
officers with bricks, bottles, rocks, and improvised explosive devices,
sending some officers to the hospital. At the same time, activists
circulated videos of the conflict and accused the police of brutality,
demanding that the city cease using teargas and other anti-riot
techniques.
Then, in a stunning turn of events, the City of Seattle made the decision
to abandon the East Precinct and surrender the neighborhood to the
protesters. “This is an exercise in trust and de-escalation,” explained
Chief Carmen Best. Officers and National Guardsmen emptied out the
facility, boarded it up, and retreated.
I suppose when Chamberlain got back from Munich
he could have claimed that his agreement with Hitler
was "an exercise in trust and de-escalation.”

Chamberlain Declares “Peace for Our Time”

On September 30, 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain
received a rowdy homecoming after signing a peace pact with Nazi Germany.
CHRISTOPHER KLEIN
For days, dread had blanketed London like a fog. Only a generation
removed from the horrors of World War I, which had claimed nearly one
million of its people, Britain was once again on the brink of armed
conflict with Germany. Hitler, who had annexed Austria earlier in the
year, had vowed to invade Czechoslovakia on October 1, 1938, to occupy
the German-speaking Sudetenland region, a move toward the creation of a
“greater Germany” that could potentially ignite another conflagration
among the great European powers.

The clouds of war billowed in the British capital as the hours to the
deadline dwindled. As Chamberlain mobilized the Royal Navy, Londoners,
including the prime minister’s wife, prayed on bended knees inside
Westminster Abbey. Workers covered the windows of government offices
with sandbags and installed sirens in police stations to warn of
approaching enemy bombers. By torchlight, they scarred the city’s
pristine parks by digging miles of trenches to be used as air-raid
shelters. A knot of traffic snarled the city as Londoners began an
exodus. Hundreds of thousands who planned to stay in the city stood
patiently in line for government-issued gas masks and air-raid
handbooks. London Zoo officials even developed plans to station
gun-toting men in front of cages to shoot the wild animals in case bombs
broke open their cages and freed them.

Just two days before the deadline, Hitler agreed to meet in Munich with
Chamberlain, Italian leader Benito Mussolini and French premier Edouard
Daladier to discuss a diplomatic resolution to the crisis. The four
leaders, without any input from Czechoslovakia in the negotiation,
agreed to cede the Sudetenland to Hitler. Chamberlain also separately
drafted a non-aggression pact between Britain and Germany that Hitler
signed.

https://www.history.com/news/chamberlain-declares-peace-for-our-time-75-years-ago
BiologyMajor
2020-06-20 14:22:32 UTC
[...]
Maybe this is the America you prefer?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1272378110491734016

Or this

George
2020-06-20 20:16:46 UTC
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 10:22:32 -0400
Post by BiologyMajor
[...]
http://youtu.be/VEKsli_-POA
Just seal it up and go back in 6 months time.
Starvation thirst and disease will take care of some.
And their stupidity will take care of others
BiologyMajor
2020-06-20 21:19:42 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
[...]
You're right, seal up Tulsa tight tonight, so
Trump and his zealots don's spread COVID
far and wide. Come back in six months
and see how many are still alive.
George
2020-06-21 02:56:42 UTC
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 17:19:42 -0400
Post by BiologyMajor
Post by George
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 10:22:32 -0400
Just seal it up and go back in 6 months time.
Starvation thirst and disease will take care of some.
And their stupidity will take care of others
And we see how it misinterprets
Post by BiologyMajor
You're right, seal up Tulsa tight tonight, so
Trump and his zealots don's spread COVID
far and wide. Come back in six months
and see how many are still alive.
Ah so your 'protests' haven't spread covid ????
BiologyMajor
2020-06-21 08:23:15 UTC
Post by BiologyMajor
You're right, seal up Tulsa tight tonight, so
Trump and his zealots don's spread COVID
far and wide. Come back in six months
and see how many are still alive.
Ah so your 'protests' haven't spread covid ????
Of course they have too, but Trump just said
last night in Tulsa he's whipped the virus.

'Kung Flu' is no more, besides it's just the sniffles
that's all, like any flu.

And since he's told his staff to slow the testing
the cases have dropped to a "miniscule" level.

Ya know only a mere 20,000 new cases a day
and 750 deaths a day.

Drops in the bucket.
Byker
2020-06-21 18:09:29 UTC
Post by George
Just seal it up and go back in 6 months time.
Starvation thirst and disease will take care of some.
And their stupidity will take care of others
A method we will eventually employ with our own undesirables:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/04/world/asia/xinjiang-china-surveillance-prison.html

"Americans will vote for a 'custodial democracy,' whereby the poor are
segregated into areas much like Indian reservations." In that case, the word
"ghetto" will not bring Harlem to mind, but WARSAW. Not a bad idea...
Welfare reformers worry about underclass youths

By Julia Duin
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

America's "underclass," that formless entity that baffles social workers and
politicians, is the country's continual cloud on the horizon, welfare
experts said Wednesday.

Even though America's economy is at record highs, there remains an
underclass that balks at work and responsibility.

It's this group that state welfare agencies must target next, said
several speakers at "Next Steps in Welfare Reform," at the National Press
Club. The Manhattan Institute sponsored the gathering, which brought in
speakers to describe ways they had reformed state welfare systems since
Congress mandated welfare reform in August 1996.

"In terms of the upper crust of American society, things are going
well," said Charles Murray, author of "Losing Ground" and a fellow at the
American Enterprise Institute. "But I am very nervous about the underclass."

Some call the youngest members of this group "super predators," after
the book "Body Count: Moral Poverty ... and How to Win America's War Against
Crime and Drugs" by William J. Bennett, John J. DiIulio and John P. Walters.
The book warns of a new generation of street toughs, now in elementary
school, who will come of age in the next decade and are expected to bring a
huge crime wave to American streets.

Mr. Murray defined this group of people as those who are cut off from
the American institutions of family, work and neighborhood. Many of these
people -- 1.8 million, to be exact -- are in the nation's prisons. Thus, the
much-lauded reduction in the nation's crime rate did not come from
socializing the underclass, but by locking them up.

"Toughs in baggy pants and socking caps" are how this underclass is
described in the current issue of City Journal, a publication of the
Manhattan Institute. The magazine describes how pit bull dogs --a standard
accessory of this underclass -- terrorize inner city residents and their
pets. About 40 pit bulls a day are turned into the Center for Animal Care
and Control, a nonprofit shelter in Spanish Harlem.

Their male owners can be socialized and transformed -- through
marriage, said Eloise Anderson, director of the Claremont Institute's
Programs for the American Family. She formerly directed social service
departments for the states of Wisconsin and California.

"It is the best institution we've found for children. Secondly, it's
the best institution we've found for men. It's not necessarily the best
institution for women," she said to audience chortling, "but it is the best
institution for children and men.

"We ought to move from the notion of four-year university degrees for
these men to technical and trade training," she said. "We need plumbers, we
need electricians, we need carpenters; these are skills these men can do."

She also recommended joint custody for poor men.

"[There's] this notion ... I can make a child but I don't have
responsibility for the child," she said. "One way to stop it is to give full
custody to fathers. I think you will turn the tide much faster than saying
we'll give you all this educational stuff. Changing diapers, getting up in
the middle of the night, has the best deterrent for fathers I've ever seen."

The underclass family doesn't need to be rehabilitated as much as it
needs to be what she called "habilitated," built from the bottom up.

"The poor need to have different kinds of experiences than the middle
class," she said. "They need to learn to use resources, they need to learn
how to delay gratification in ways we take for granted, and they need to be
conservative in ways we had never thought."

Because of slavery, underclass blacks require a much different approach
than do whites, Hispanics, even black immigrants, she said.

"Slavery in America had a serious impact on family in this country,"
said Miss Anderson, who is black. "If you don't believe it, you don't know
anything about slavery. Remember, slaves in this country were basically not
married. Females in those households did not depend on their husbands."

In a typical marriage, a man could be sure of a faithful sexual partner
and that her children were his, she said. But "in slavery, that was
diminished. The woman was not his sexually, and the children inside that
woman were not necessarily his. That runs rampant in the thinking of black
men in this country as to whether that woman is his and whether those
children are his."

Young black men suffered a "catastrophe" in the 1960s, Mr. Murray said,
when their numbers in the labor force began to plummet, even though the
economy was good. The proportion of black men age 16 to 24 who were not in
school averaged 17 percent in the 1980s, he said. This rose to 20 percent in
1992 and 23 percent in 1997.

"We are talking about the hottest economy in American history, when
employers are going into the inner city and saying, 'We'll provide
transportation out to where the jobs are.'"

Yet the number of employed black men continues to sink, he said.

"We have watched coming into that age cohort a larger proportion of
males who have grown up without an adult male in their lives ... [who is]
behaving as an adult," he said. "I mean taking care of your spouse and
family, getting up every morning and going to work, behaving with sexual
restraint.

"There's a larger and larger number of kids who've never seen that. You
don't get to 18 or 19 years old and naturally want to take a low-paying job.
... When you have men who are not in the labor force during these crucial
years, they lose out on the chance to get the kind of upward job ladder they
need."

However, mainstream America is not worried about this underclass, he
said, because of white flight, gated communities, better security devices
and the hiring of more police officers in the nation's largest cities.
People do not have to deal with a black illegitimacy rate of 69 percent, as
the white rate is a much lower 26 percent.

"The reason we aren't worried about the underclass anymore is not
because the underclass doesn't exist but because we got it out of our face,"
he said. "First, there was busing, where children from the wrong side of the
tracks were brought into our schools. Busing is so far in our past that even
the term has an archaic bent to it now."

The incivilities of daily life that grated at the middle and upper
classes -- graffiti, panhandling, youths with squeegee sponges who insisted
on cleaning one's car windows for a fee -- are gone for the most part, he
said.

"Good times aren't going to last forever," he noted. "There is going to
be an economic downturn."

If and when that happens, Americans will vote for a "custodial
democracy," he said, whereby the poor are segregated into areas much like
Indian reservations.

And, he added, "I don't think the United States can function that way
for very long."
Jim Wilkins
2020-06-21 20:47:14 UTC
"Byker" wrote in message news:ApydnYqniMXHP3LDnZ2dnUU7-***@earthlink.com...
America's "underclass," that formless entity that baffles social workers and
politicians, is the country's continual cloud on the horizon, welfare
experts said Wednesday.
===========================

Eventually war becomes an attractive solution.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/03/angry-young-men-are-making-the-world-less-stable/284364/
BiologyMajor
2020-06-21 21:27:49 UTC
Post by Byker
America's "underclass," that formless entity that baffles social workers and
politicians, is the country's continual cloud on the horizon, welfare
experts said Wednesday.
Eventually war becomes an attractive solution.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/03/angry-young-men-are-making-the-world-less-stable/284364/
A Mexican standoff? Why are you posting pics of
the Trump White House staff?

Barr: Trump fired him
Trump: Barr fired him

Was Trump joking again? Ya know like how he
told his staff to slow that damn annoying
COVID testing that makes him look so bad?