USAtoday Trump was right on Iran. Democrats are suffering from mass amnesia.
2020-01-11 17:04:43 UTC
from
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/07/trump-right-iran-democrats-suffering-mass-amnesia-column/2824959001/

Trump was right on Iran. Democrats are suffering from mass amnesia.
The commander in chief took out the world’s most notorious terrorist,
one with plenty of American blood on his hands. Trump is the good guy here.

Scott JenningsOpinion contributor

I have spent the past 20 or so New Years’ Eves glued to the SyFy
channel’s “Twilight Zone” marathon. My wife and I love the writing, the
plots and picking out famous actors in their one-off roles for the
classic television series.

Maybe I’ll write an episode of my own, complete with a Rod
Serling-worthy opening monologue: “The year is 2017. Donald Trump is
inaugurated as president of the United States, and mass amnesia has
washed over America. Half the country can no longer remember anything
that happened before Jan. 20. The former president, Barack Obama, is
literally sitting right there. Yet, his own party cannot remember one
thing about his eight years …”

Obama memory hole
It is one of the strangest phenomena of the Trump era — the
memory-holing of Obama’s executive powers. Democrats continuously act as
though they’ve just fallen off the Washington turnip wagon when Trump
does anything.

Trump’s illegal immigration policies are draconian! He’s deporting too
many, they screamed, forgetting that … Obama deported more. A lot more.
And, you know those cages on the southern border? Obama built them, not
Trump.

Trump’s defying congressional subpoenas! No president has ever
stonewalled Congress, they screamed, forgetting that Obama’s attorney
general, Eric Holder, was held in contempt of Congress for … defying
subpoenas related to the "Fast and Furious" gun operation scandal. There
were at least eight other times when Obama’s administration defied
congressional oversight, even preventing people from testifying (sound
familiar?).

More from Scott Jennings:Which 2020 Democrat can beat Donald Trump?
Don't bet on Biden, Warren or Sanders.

When Trump announced his “America First” policy during his inaugural,
Democrats apparently took it as literally as one can.

Now, they howl over Trump’s latest outrage: The airstrike that killed
Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani, the general who was in Iraq fomenting
attacks against the U.S. Embassy and, evidently, plotting future hits on
American targets.

Washington Democrats whined about Trump authorizing a drone strike
without their notification or consent. This, after Obama authorized at
least 2,800 drone strikes in Iraq and Syria without congressional approval.

Obama's drone strikes
“When Obama accepted the Nobel Peace Prize in December 2009, he had
authorized more drone strikes than George W. Bush had approved during
his entire presidency. By his third year in office, Obama had approved
the killings of twice as many suspected terrorists as had ever been
imprisoned (at) Guantanamo Bay,” Newsweek reported.

Obama practically invented modern push-button warfare, for goodness’
sake! Eventually, the American people will have to choose between
partisan disingenuousness or rank stupidity to explain Democratic
reaction to Trump’s perfectly precedented decisions.

On Iran, Trump made a bold choice and sent a strong message that we
aren’t going to take the regime’s provocations and hostility anymore.
Obama sent them pallets of cash. Trump sent an MQ-9 Reaper.

Anyone who knows how this will all shake out is lying. They don’t. But
the commander in chief took out the world’s most notorious terrorist,
one with plenty of American blood on his hands. Trump is the good guy
here, not the terrorist.

Yet, Democrats couldn’t wait to pounce. How many statements included
perfunctory “yeah, Soleimani was a bad guy, but … ” construction before
hammering Trump?

Here’s a pro tip: If your statement has a “but” in the middle (I’m
looking at you, Elizabeth Warren), just eliminate the throat-clearing,
political pablum that came before it and say what you really mean. We
get it: Iranian Guy Bad, Orange Man Worse.

This attitude will cost Democrats in the upcoming election. Not just on
foreign policy, but across the board (they speak of the economy as
though we are in another Great Depression). They just can’t give Trump
an inch no matter how safe or prosperous the world is, thanks at least
in part to the president’s decisions.

It hasn’t always been this way. After the death of Osama bin Laden,
Republicans praised Obama’s decision to get him.

“Former Vice President Dick Cheney declared, ‘The administration clearly
deserves credit for the success of the operation.’ New York’s former
mayor, Rudolph W. Giuliani, said, ‘I admire the courage of the
president.’ And Donald J. Trump declared, ‘I want to personally
congratulate President Obama,’ ” according to The New York Times.

But no such allowance is given to President Trump when he kills a
terrorist. As commentator Guy Benson tweeted, “The U.S. auto industry is
alive, and (Abu Bakr) Baghdadi/Soleimani are dead,” referencing the
Islamic State leader Trump had killed a few months ago and recalling
Obama’s reelection slogan.

Or, as Rod Serling might say, “Democrats will soon wake up from their
amnesia to an old lesson: Past is prologue. And it’s a Shakespearean
seminar most acutely taken … in The Twilight Zone.”

Scott Jennings is a Republican adviser, CNN political contributor and
partner at RunSwitch Public Relations. Follow him on Twitter
@ScottJenningsKY. This column first appeared in the Louisville Courier
Journal.
Oleg Smirnov
2020-01-12 09:38:45 UTC
Post by a425couple
from
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/07/trump-right-iran-democrats-suffering-mass-amnesia-column/2824959001/
Trump was right on Iran. Democrats are suffering from mass amnesia.
The commander in chief took out the world's most notorious terrorist,
I expected the text below would substantiate this claim.
But there're only snivels about the petty intra-US issues.
All those obama-clinton and other rediculous stuff.

Your puppet masters can incite you herd of zombies to
chant the slogans in chorus, but the only effect would be
more zombification of your herd, and that's all.