'Not my prime minister', protesters march in London against Johnson
2019-12-14 18:41:38 UTC
from
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-election-protests/not-my-prime-minister-protesters-march-in-london-against-johnson-idUSKBN1YH28F

'Not my prime minister', protesters march in London against Johnson
1 MIN READ

(Seriously!!!? So totally lacking in substance and original thought,
that they have to copy the chants of the USA Democrats!!
They only respect elections that they win.!)

LONDON (Reuters) - Several hundred noisy protesters marched through
central London on Friday to protest against Britain’s election result,
chanting “Boris Johnson: Not My Prime Minister” and “Boris, Boris,
Boris: Out, Out, Out”.

The protesters, brandishing signs that read “Defy Tory (Conservative)
Rule” and “Refugees Welcome”, walked at speed from outside Johnson’s
Downing Street residence to Trafalgar Square and on to the theater
district, blocking traffic and drawing a heavy police presence.

Johnson’s Conservatives won Thursday’s election by a large margin. On
Friday he called for “closure” over the Brexit divisions that have riven
the United Kingdom for the past three and a half years.

Reporting by Johnny Cotton; writing by Kate Holton; Editing by Gareth Jones

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
Stephen Harding
2019-12-14 21:29:24 UTC
Post by a425couple
[...]
I know the Brits don't have a written constitution as in the US, but
they apparently need to insert somewhere, a procedure to impeach a prime
minister.

British lefty-wackos need to get the ball rolling on getting this guy
out! He's been in re-elected office an entire day now! Get moving!

Hey hey! Ho ho! Bo Jo the Clown has gotta go!!!

SMH
Keith Willshaw
2019-12-15 09:42:28 UTC
Post by Stephen Harding
Post by a425couple
[...]
The real problem is that the once moderate Social Democratic Group
called the Labour Party has been taken over by a militant left wing
group called Momentum. In the run up to the election Corbyn was speaking
to a meeting defending his support of groups like Hamas and Hezbollah
just days after a terrorist attack on London Bridge. His party was shown
to have allowed openly anti-Semitic behaviour and the Chinese wife of
one conservative candidate was racially abused by her opponent with a
variant of the classical 'If you dont like it here go back to where you
came from'

That is how deluded and degenerate the current Labour party is while the
Liberal Democrats have become little more than a student debating group.
We need a credible opposition party but I dont know here its going to
come from.
Stephen Harding
2019-12-15 19:19:47 UTC
Post by Keith Willshaw
Post by Stephen Harding
Post by a425couple
[...]
[Groups trimmed]

I'd say it's a similar situation here. The Democratic party has shifted
way far Left. Moderation seems to be an unknown quality. (Of course,
in US elections, Republicans tend to be far Right and Democrats far Left
during the primaries; then both try to move more centrist once the
candidates are determined. This time, I'm not sure that will happen!)

The base problem here has been a refusal by very liberal/progressive
groups to accept "No". Thus "Resist", "Rise Up", "He's not my
President", etc.

While I personally don't think the UK should leave the EU, it was
decided by vote to do so. The political class needs to heed the public
will instead of dragging their feet and hoping another election might
get the decision they want.

SMH
Keith Willshaw
2019-12-15 15:51:29 UTC
I'd say it's a similar situation here.  The Democratic party has shifted
way far Left.  Moderation seems to be an unknown quality.  (Of course,
in US elections, Republicans tend to be far Right and Democrats far Left
during the primaries; then both try to move more centrist once the
candidates are determined.  This time, I'm not sure that will happen!)
The base problem here has been a refusal by very liberal/progressive
groups to accept "No".  Thus "Resist", "Rise Up", "He's not my
President", etc.
While I personally don't think the UK should leave the EU, it was
decided by vote to do so.  The political class needs to heed the public
will instead of dragging their feet and hoping another election might
get the decision they want.
SMH
For the record I voted Remain but like many others was enraged by the
duplicity of those politicians who had promised to respect the result
trying to weasel out of that commitment. Boris had those in the
Conservative party kicked out of the party for that act of treachery.
Don't be fooled by the bonhomie he can be utterly ruthless when its needed.

The irony is that he is now in a position to get a much more favourable
trade deal with the EU as a result. They know he can deliver any promise
he makes.
AnthonyL
2019-12-16 12:45:29 UTC
On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 10:41:38 -0800, a425couple
Post by a425couple
[...]
I'm minded to protest against my new MP, a 23yr old child of single
parent household immigrants (currently in the process of updating her
website*). Her campaign included the fact that she would only retain
£35,000 of her salary (being the UK average working wage!) and
donating the rest to local causes.

Thing is, as I walk around most streets and shops in the constituency
I don't see who she represents and she certainly doesn't seem to
represent anything to do with me as I'm merely a white, British born,
retired male who's never been on benefits or lived in social housing.
Still there must be enough as there was a healthy majority (as
always).

*http://nadiawhittome.org/
Be interesting to see what changes she makes to:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191214155134/http://nadiawhittome.org/

The video is

Note I'm not saying she has no valid points but I'm not hearing many
solutions. Still she got in, the traitor labour joining "Independent
Group for Change" is out and I received no information about the Tory
candidate other than a name.
--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?