YO! Geoffrey & Keith - World War II Aircraft-500/1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
2020-12-23 18:10:05 UTC
YO! Geoffrey & Keith -
Are you hoping someone puts this under your tree?
Merry Christmas to all!

https://www.solietude.com/products/world-war-ii-aircraft-500-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle?fbclid=IwAR2CwV6YBxhpiw6idbHAnCCrPugjltCRQjunefryf0wDyy_2-3Zx3FDdauU

World War II Aircraft-500/1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
USD $19.99
Free shipping worldwide over $39
This unique jigsaw puzzle features aircraft of both the Allied and Axis
forces, including many of the greatest warbirds such as the Hurricane,
the Supermarine Spitfire, the Messerschmitt BF-109 and the Boeing B-29
SuperFortress.
Jim Wilkins
2020-12-23 23:44:32 UTC
"a425couple" wrote in message news:***@news4.newsguy.com...

YO! Geoffrey & Keith -
Are you hoping someone puts this under your tree?
Merry Christmas to all!

https://www.solietude.com/products/world-war-ii-aircraft-500-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle?fbclid=IwAR2CwV6YBxhpiw6idbHAnCCrPugjltCRQjunefryf0wDyy_2-3Zx3FDdauU

World War II Aircraft-500/1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
USD $19.99
Free shipping worldwide over $39
This unique jigsaw puzzle features aircraft of both the Allied and Axis
forces, including many of the greatest warbirds such as the Hurricane,
the Supermarine Spitfire, the Messerschmitt BF-109 and the Boeing B-29
SuperFortress.

------------------------------------

I plan to be puzzling my way through the Secret Horsepower Race book, if it
ever arrives.
Keith Willshaw
2020-12-24 00:15:55 UTC
Post by a425couple
YO! Geoffrey & Keith -
Are you hoping someone puts this under your tree?
Merry Christmas to all!
https://www.solietude.com/products/world-war-ii-aircraft-500-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle?fbclid=IwAR2CwV6YBxhpiw6idbHAnCCrPugjltCRQjunefryf0wDyy_2-3Zx3FDdauU
World War II Aircraft-500/1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
USD $19.99
Free shipping worldwide over $39
This unique jigsaw puzzle features aircraft of both the Allied and Axis
forces, including many of the greatest warbirds such as the Hurricane,
the Supermarine Spitfire, the Messerschmitt BF-109 and the Boeing B-29
SuperFortress.
Sorry Jigsaws are not my thing but I can heartily recommend this book
which I am working my way through.

"The Secret Horsepower Race: Western Fighter Engine Development Hardcover
by Calum E. Douglas (Author)
The piston engines that powered Second World War fighters, the men who
designed them, and the secret intelligence work carried out by both
Britain and Germany would determine the outcome of the first global air
war.Advanced jet engines may have been in development but every
militarily significant air battle was fought by piston-engined fighters.
Whoever designed the most powerful piston engines would win air
superiority and with it the ability to dictate the course of the war as
a whole."

Its an incredibly detailed work complete with engineering drawings of
the engines and internal workings of the design bureaus in the UK ,
Germany and USA regarding the engines that would power the warplanes of WW2.

What is surprising is that German and British engine design groups were
talking to each other pretty openly right up to the end of 1938. Rolls
Royce visited Daimlet Benz and vice versa.

The major US conributions were in the field of spark plugs,
superchargers and fuel development, especially 100 Octane gasoline which
it also covers quite thoroughly.

The Germans were ahead of the curve with fuel injection.
Geoffrey Sinclair
2020-12-24 12:51:41 UTC
Post by a425couple
YO! Geoffrey & Keith -
Are you hoping someone puts this under your tree?
Merry Christmas to all!
https://www.solietude.com/products/world-war-ii-aircraft-500-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle?fbclid=IwAR2CwV6YBxhpiw6idbHAnCCrPugjltCRQjunefryf0wDyy_2-3Zx3FDdauU
Thanks for the information, now to ensure the family never finds out. :-)
I tend to saw jigs than jig saws.

By the looks of things it is part of a family, so one for the aviation
enthusiast of each era perhaps.

I will slide a copy of the URL to the spouse of a crossword enthusiast,

"Dissected corners and straight pieces within the middle of the puzzle
are elements we design into all our puzzles. You’ll rarely find two pieces
the same!"

That should up the challenge level of both crossword and marriage. :-)
Post by a425couple
World War II Aircraft-500/1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
USD $19.99
Free shipping worldwide over $39
This unique jigsaw puzzle features aircraft of both the Allied and Axis
forces, including many of the greatest warbirds such as the Hurricane, the
Supermarine Spitfire, the Messerschmitt BF-109 and the Boeing B-29
SuperFortress.
I will point out the markings on the B-29 and F6F are not WWII. :-)

And I hope it is the publicity picture but the Me262 does not look quite
right.

And now to the air defences, incoming reindeer, high speed, course north
of west, probable origin New Zealand.

Geoffrey Sinclair
Remove the nb for email.