A modern veteran Thanksgiving story from facebook
2019-11-26 15:45:40 UTC
A modern veteran Thanksgiving story from facebook
Sheriff Deputies
November 19 at 3:45 PM
“On Wednesday in Alabama, a Walker County Sheriff's Office Deputy came
across a man walking down the road with an oxygen tank and learned he is
a Disabled American Veteran trying to walk/hitchhike from the Jasper
area to Huntsville for a Dr. Appointment he was told he could not miss.
With no way to get there, he said he started walking. The deputy acted
quickly and escorted the Gulf War Veteran to the Cullman County line
where a Cullman Sheriff Deputy picked him up. The deputy then
transported him to the Morgan County Line where a Morgan County Sheriff
Deputy took over and met a Madison County Sheriff Office Deputy in
Huntsville who finished the trip and took the man to his appointment.
After an overnight stay, we were happy to do it all again today..... in
reverse to help get the man back home. We are thankful for our Veterans
and were honored to play a small role in supporting this man who gave a
great deal for our country!” 🇺🇸 ❤️

Credit: Morgan County Sheriff's Office
David E. Powell
2019-11-28 17:30:16 UTC
[...]