heavy and sluggish 2021 03
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-03 17:55:42 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn> extremetech.com

The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure

Reasonable people admitted it several years ago.

You morons refused to believe.
George Black
2021-03-03 23:32:42 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn> extremetech.com
The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure
Reasonable people admitted it several years ago.
You morons refused to believe.
How nice of you to get your nose out of the bottle.
Hows that aircraft carrier with its escorting tugs
Byker
2021-03-04 02:04:42 UTC
Post by George Black
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn> extremetech.com
The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure
Reasonable people admitted it several years ago.
You morons refused to believe.
How nice of you to get your nose out of the bottle.
How's that aircraft carrier with its escorting tugs
Oleg and his droogs defend the Motherland during the Great Patriotic War:

Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-04 17:21:23 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/y9s7t8nc> dailysabah.com

The U.S. Air Force wants inexpensive, lightweight fighter jets to replace
its fleet of aging F-16s .. Lockheed Martin Corp., however, has continued
to add new technologies to the F-35 over the last two decades, making the
lightweight replacement both heavy and costly .. requires exhaustive
maintenance, there is an engine shortage and it is unreliable. ..

The new American tech manifests its general tendency to overbloatedness
and ugly inelegance, not only with regard to the F-35 design. This is the
can't-do spirit. It's like penile impotency because of obesity.

But it's just one of the symptoms of the slow dying of America in total.

.. Most Americans walk around like a bunch of zombies .. as a result
of mental health problems and stress .. One of the primary reasons
why so many people are acting like zombies is because we have been
drugged out of our minds. Americans take more legal drugs than anyone
ever has in the entire history of the world, and each year the
pharmaceutical companies come up with even more drugs for us to try.
In particular, because we are so deeply unhappy Americans take
boatloads of anti-depressants. More than 50 million Americans are on
anti-depressants right now, and it gets worse with each passing year.
But even though we are taking so many "happy pills", Americans
continue to kill themselves at a staggering pace, and this is
particularly true for our young people. .. The national suicide rate
for teens was skyrocketing before the pandemic ever began .. Our
society has become so sick and so twisted that life seems completely
empty to so many of these youths. .. Overall life expectancy has been
dropping in the U.S. as well. .. Our healthcare system has become a
complete and utter nightmare, and it is not going to get any better
any time soon. Speaking of nightmares, our system of public education
has become a sick joke. .. Millions upon millions of young people
graduate from high school each year, but many of them can barely
read, write or speak in public. .. <https://tinyurl.com/yc9lrrc8>
Dean Markley
2021-03-04 18:29:37 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
[...]
Well, that's it, Oleg. I am going to give up my American citizenship if things are that bad. Maybe I'll move to Canada. No wait, that's too cold. Maybe Russia. No, they are all dickheads. Nevermind, I'll just stay here after all.

Dean
ZZyXX
2021-03-05 01:23:56 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
The U.S. Air Force wants inexpensive, lightweight fighter jets to
replace its fleet of aging F-16s .. Lockheed Martin Corp., however, has
continued to add new technologies to the F-35 over the last two decades,
making the lightweight replacement both heavy and costly .. requires
exhaustive maintenance, there is an engine shortage and it is unreliable. ..
is there any navy in the world that has to dedicate two ocean going tugs
to make sure its world famous battleship/aircraft carrier can always
make port

oh yeh, the Kutszenov
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-05 02:06:41 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/y9edq5kt> commondreams.org

.. As scores of billions of dollars are thrown away on failed weapons
systems, America's roads, bridges, and other forms of infrastructure
continue to crumble. ..

The F-35 stealth fighter .. The plane was at one point seven years
behind schedule and $163 billion over budget. Nonetheless, the U.S.
military persisted and it is now nearing full production at a projected
total cost of $1.7 trillion by the year 2070. Even so, nagging problems
persist, including engine difficulties and seriousmaintenance
deficiencies. Even more troubling: the plane often can't be cleared for
flying if lightning is anywhere in the area, which is deeply ironic,
given that it's called the Lightning II. Let's hope that there are no
thunderstorms in the next war.

The Boeing KC-46 tanker .. Doing away with old-fashioned windows and an
actual airman as a "boom operator" in the refueling loop (as in a legacy
tanker like the KC-135), the KC-46 uses a largely automated refueling
system via video. Attractive in theory, that system has yet to work
reliably in practice. (Maybe, it will, however, by the year 2024 ..) And
what good is a tanker that isn't assured of actually transferring fuel
in mid-air and turns out to be compromised as well by its own fuel
leaks? The Air Force is now speaking of "repurposing" its new generation
of tankers for missions other than refueling. That's like me saying that
I'm repurposing my boat as an anchor since it happened to spring a leak
and sink to the bottom of the lake.

And speaking of boats, perhaps you won't be surprised to learn that the
Navy has had serious problems of its own with its most recent Gerald R.
Ford-class aircraft carriers. .. Never underestimate the allure of
cramming unproven and expensive technologies for "next generation"
success on board such vessels. Include among them, when it comes to the
Ford-class carriers, elevators for raising munitions that notoriously
don't operate well and a catapult system for launching planes from the
deck (known as the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System or EMALS)
that's constantly breaking down. As you might imagine, not much can
happen on an aircraft carrier when you can't load munitions or launch
planes effectively. Each new Ford-class carrier costs in the neighborhood
of $14 billion, yet despite all that money, it simply "isn't very good
at actually being a carrier," ..

And speaking of failing ships, let's not forget the Navy's Littoral
Combat Ships (LCS), which have earned the nickname "little crappy ships."
A serious propulsion design flaw may end up turning them into "floating
garbage piles," .. The Navy bought 10 of them for roughly half a billion
dollars each, with future orders currently on hold. Lockheed Martin is
the lead contractor, the same one responsible for the wildly profligate
(and profitable) F-35.

Grimly for the Navy, problems were so severe with its Zumwalt-class of
stealth destroyers that the program was actually canceled after only
three ships had been built. (The Navy initially planned to build 32 of
them.) Critiqued as a vessel in search of a mission, the Zumwalt-class
was also bedeviled by problems with its radar and main armament. In
total, the Navy spent $22 billion on a failed "next generation" concept
whose cancelation offers us that utter rarity of our moment: a weapon
so visibly terrible that even the military-industrial complex couldn't
continue to justify it. ..

Overpriced and underperforming weapons, .. are a feature of, rather than
some sort of bug in, the military-industrial complex as future profits
for giant weapons companies drive design and fielding decisions, not
capability, efficiency, or even need. .. Mediocre (or worse) performance
is judged acceptable, if only to keep the money flowing ..
ZZyXX
2021-03-06 00:46:29 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
[...]
describes the use of "diesel" fuel for the Kutzenov...unless of course
leaving a trail of black smoke is a feature or a surprize weapon
Byker
2021-03-06 18:15:11 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/y9edq5kt> commondreams.org
.. As scores of billions of dollars are thrown away on failed weapons
systems, America's roads, bridges, and other forms of infrastructure
continue to crumble. ..
Is Russia any better?

You mean it wasn't blamed on Chechen terrorists? Astounding!:
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/russia-high-rise-building-tower-collapse-explosion-soviet-housing-state-ussr-a8720686.html

Big rockets, poor shoes: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/putin-s-rot

"Russia’s crumbling infrastructure has the government stuck in a Catch-22:
it must either spend its oil reserves and drive inflation even higher, or it
can continue doing nothing and watch its economy stall, experts say.":
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-summit-infrastructure/russia-faces-infrastructure-catch-22-idUSL449358920080905

Dated, but still relevant:
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/business/global/21ruble.html

OT: They're coming for you, Natasha. Look, there's one of them now:
https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-feminists-face-intimidation-campaign-online/31136971.html

Putin wants "moral laws" for the internet: http://rlu.ru/2K2V2

Russian "retaliation" for Navalny sanctions: https://tinyurl.com/59utmuk7
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-06 18:46:22 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/y9edq5kt> commondreams.org
.. As scores of billions of dollars are thrown away on failed weapons
systems, America's roads, bridges, and other forms of infrastructure
continue to crumble. ..
Hey, Shithie, have you crossposted it to 10 newsgroups, or more?
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-06 22:34:09 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/yb59wfft> thestute.com

Top officers in the United States Air Force have said that a massive $1.5
trillion investment into a new stealth fighter jet has failed. The F-35 jet
was initially intended to be a replacement for Cold War-era fighter jets
that have become antiquated in recent times. The replacement program was
meant to design a reliable, low-cost plane that could be produced to create
a new fleet. However, what the American government has created instead is a
fleet full of buggy, unreliable fighters costing around $100,000 per plane.
In the time it has taken for this experiment to fail, the F-35 itself has
become obsolete ..

It comes out that the United States Air Force just spent $1.5 trillion
with literally nothing to show for it. .. That money is the reason we can't
afford Medicare for All and new green policies ..
ZZyXX
"we?"
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-07 01:52:18 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/ycqkup5u> defensenews.com

The U.S. Navy's surface fleet continues to struggle to
keep its ships adequately maintained .. The surface
fleet was scored as "degraded" in more than half of the
"functional areas" .. 67 percent of the areas inspected
were either degraded or worse ..

Everything gets worse.

So is the only trend.
Siri Cruise
2021-03-07 04:22:26 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/ycqkup5u> defensenews.com
The U.S. Navy's surface fleet continues to struggle to
keep its ships adequately maintained .. The surface
fleet was scored as "degraded" in more than half of the
"functional areas" .. 67 percent of the areas inspected
were either degraded or worse ..
It's getting so bad USN is sinking its own submarines with
selfdestructive torpedoes.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Rudy Crayola
It is interesting to note the B____, from Hell shows her true colors.
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-07 12:47:50 UTC
<http://tinyurl.com/y8sbnr3c> zerohedge.com

We noted several years back, men and women serving are getting fatter at
an alarming rate <https://archive.is/m9UAc> .. It's not just the military
that has an obesity problem ..

<https://tinyurl.com/y86ca3cy> military.com

More than 70% of young Americans remain unable to join the military due
to obesity, education problems, or crime and drug records. .. "If you
break it down further into those skill sets, intelligence level, and the
physical ability level, those that we're looking toward bringing into the
Marine Corps ... quickly decreases to about 7%," ..

Dave Cross
2021-03-07 14:44:45 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/y8sbnr3c> zerohedge.com
We noted several years back, men and women serving are getting fatter at
an alarming rate <https://archive.is/m9UAc> .. It's not just the military
that has an obesity problem ..
Russia sponsored ZeroHedge says the Putin economy has failed and Russians are
eating their pets and birds in the parks. Soon Biden will sign the
Executive Order legalizing the shootings of all Russians on US soil.

https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR2200/RR2237/RAN
D_RR2237.pdf
Vincent
2021-03-08 05:06:30 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/y8sbnr3c> zerohedge.com
We noted several years back, men and women serving are getting fatter at
an alarming rate <https://archive.is/m9UAc> .. It's not just the military
that has an obesity problem ..
<https://tinyurl.com/y86ca3cy> military.com
More than 70% of young Americans remain unable to join the military due
to obesity, education problems, or crime and drug records. .. "If you
break it down further into those skill sets, intelligence level, and the
physical ability level, those that we're looking toward bringing into the
Marine Corps ... quickly decreases to about 7%," ..
When WWII broke out the bad boys of our South China Seas fleet(Marines
and Navy) carried the water and were spread out among the fleets of the
world and took us into Victory. There are pictures of American ships
sinking with the Guns still firing. Also of the English doing the same
thing. It might surprise some at just how tough some of those fat lads
can be. WWII we cleaned out the Penitentiaries of the bad boys and sent
them into battle(They volunteered!). Many of them ended up in Patton's
Tank Corps and many more fought back the Germans at the Battle of the
bulge. Also many of the older criminals became cooks and other
logistical jobs to free up men better disposed to battle the enemy.
Many years ago, the Navy and Marine Corps Booty Camps had recruits held
over until they got their weight down to a Usable size. Also until they
could read and write and understand written command and directions. I am
sure other services did the same. Back in the day, When that asshole
President Wilson abandoned a Marine Corps contingent that had been sent
to Russia to try and extricate the Czar Alexander, Those Marines
outnumbered and with low munitions and food in a cold climate kicked
some Bolshevik/Russian ass before they went down. I have no doubt that
American Can-doism will prevail if necessary and over any objections by
the Marxist Bidenites. Should it become necessary I am sure there is
nenough rope made in America to hang all leftist traitors. I Pray that
none of this will ever become necessary. Ambassadors need to do their job!
Byker
2021-03-08 16:52:56 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/y8sbnr3c> zerohedge.com
We noted several years back, men and women serving are getting fatter at
an alarming rate <https://archive.is/m9UAc> .. It's not just the military
that has an obesity problem ..
<https://tinyurl.com/y86ca3cy> military.com
More than 70% of young Americans remain unable to join the military due to
obesity, education problems, or crime and drug records. .. "If you break
it down further into those skill sets, intelligence level, and the
physical ability level, those that we're looking toward bringing into the
Marine Corps ... quickly decreases to about 7%," ..
But that's only in peacetime.

In wartime the Armed Forces will take anyone who can breathe...
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-07 18:09:34 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/y89a6yku> nbcnews.com

With an estimated lifetime cost of $1.6 trillion, the F-35 Lightning
II, conceived as a versatile, super stealthy next-generation fighter
plane, is the most expensive weapon system ever built. When the program
began way back in 1992, the F-35 was supposed to be an affordable one-
size-fits-all solution for the Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy. It
took until this February for the Air Force to publicly admit that the
F-16 replacement failed .. But, the solution the Air Force is
considering could make the problem worse: Spend more money on another
new jet to replace the F-16. ..

Defense programs fail spectacularly all the time .. The services and
manufacturers often promote ambitious programs with overly optimistic
cost assessments .. Sometimes programs, like the littoral combat ship,
take so long that the strategic rationale behind them is no longer
relevant by the time they're ready. ..

The high operating costs are tied to a persistent shortage of spare
parts and over 800 continuing defects that are still being corrected.
At this very moment, F-35 fleets are receiving a projected $16 billion
upgrade to software and other components that's already two years
behind schedule and $1.5 billion over budget ..

This seems to be not only about defense programs. Every new American
president often promotes various ambitious programs with overly
optimistic assessments. Then they "fail spectacularly all the time".

America seems to be broken.
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-07 19:17:10 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/y9665ns7> nationalinterest.org

The U.S. Army Burned $30 Billion on 5 Failed Weapons

.. The Army did spend $30 billion dollars on five new hi-tech weapons - all
of which were canceled.
- Brilliant Anti-Tank Munition
- The RAH-66 Comanche Stealth-Chopper
- The Crusader Self-Propelled Howitzer
- The Future Combat System (FCS)
- The Ground Combat Vehicle
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-06 01:56:45 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/yao4qtxn> moroccoworldnews.com

US Air Force Comes to Terms With Its $1.5 Trillion F-35 Mistake

.. The US alone has spent an estimated $1.5 trillion on developing the
F-35 fighter. These eye-watering costs were justified by the promise
that the "multi-role" fighter would replace much of NATO's fleet. ..
While the US Air Force has retired much of its fighters, the replacement
is proving to be less capable .. F-35 .. appears to be too fragile and
costly .. The US Air Force now needs a new fifth generation fighter to
replace the F-35 ..

Such an all-around laughing stock.
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-06 09:22:14 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/yafbfvek> ndupress.ndu.edu

Officers Are Less Intelligent: What Does It Mean?

The intelligence of new Marine Corps officers has declined steadily since
1980. Two-thirds of the new officers commissioned in 2014 would be in the
bottom one-third of the class of 1980; 41 percent of new officers in 2014
would not have qualified to be officers by the standards held at the time
of World War II. Similarly, at the top of the distribution, there are
fewer of the very intelligent officers who will eventually become senior
leaders .. A similar decline in intelligence has likely occurred in the
other Services' officer corps, as this is a trend in the pool of all
college graduates and not something specific to the Marine Corps .. In the
Army, the test scores of previously enlisted officer candidates have been
declining since at least the mid-1990s .. The decline in average
intelligence manifests itself not just in the middle of the distribution,
but also at the top. ..

It does mean the US military command are pretty dumb and getting dumber.
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-06 17:18:56 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/yddq7jqc> bgov.com

"What does the F-35 give us and is there a way to cut our losses? Is there
a way to not keep spending that much money for such a low capability? ..
Congress regularly increases funding for the program, which has
constituencies spread across the United States. .. The F-35 program is an
example of how the U.S. has wasted "a spectacular amount of money" on
weapons systems that haven't worked "at all" or that have "not lived up to
their promise," he said. The Pentagon's acquisition process over the last
20 years "can only be described as a complete disaster for what is going on
with the F-35," ..

Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-26 18:56:25 UTC

Watch Russian drills near the North Pole.

Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn>
The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-28 12:26:19 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/yrjuuc28> ndtv.com

Russia Pushes Northern Sea Route As "Alternative" To Suez Canal
Russia has invested heavily in the development of the Northern Sea
Route that allows ships to cut the journey to Asian ports by 15
days compared with the conventional route through the Suez Canal ..
The route becomes increasingly free of ice due to climate change ..

<https://tinyurl.com/2dccs5py> opoyi.com

Amid the Suez Canal crisis in Egypt, Russia has grabbed on to the
opportunity to promote its northern shipping route through the
Arctic as an alternative ..

Climat change is such a "western" buzzword. In some way, this so
called climat change really helps Russia develop the NSR faster,
but in the longer run, climat change or non-change doesn't matter.
Building of more powerful icebreakers and other ice-class ships,
further improvement of onshore infrastructure, navigation support
along the route, will eventually allow to keep it well-functional
and competitive regardless of climatic conditions.

This is what the American scum call "Russian threat in Arctic".
Stephen Harding
2021-03-28 20:25:51 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
This is what the American scum call "Russian threat in Arctic".
If climate change is just a Western "buzzword", wonder why Putin pays
any attention to it?

So what is Russia going to do when China claims a good portion of the
Arctic seas like they have the China Seas?

China and Russia will be good buddies so I guess it won't matter, just
so long as Russia doesn't antagonize the Chinese.

SMH
Oleg Smirnov
I see, your desperate last hope is to egg up China against Russia.
PaxPerPoten
2021-03-29 18:08:38 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
Post by Oleg Smirnov
This is what the American scum call "Russian threat in Arctic".
If climate change is just a Western "buzzword", wonder why Putin pays
any attention to it?
So what is Russia going to do when China claims a good portion of the
Arctic seas like they have the China Seas?
China and Russia will be good buddies so I guess it won't matter, just
so long as Russia doesn't antagonize the Chinese.
I see, your desperate last hope is to egg up China against Russia.
You Russians have long been wary of the Chinese. With good reason. You
and your fellow Russians keep hoping that the USA will resolve your
problem by eradicating China. We don't eradicate other countries. Or did
you forget the Marshal plan and the WWI reconstruction of Europe etc?
Maybe you should study how the USA eradicated Japan. Notice that Japan
is still there and thrives with an excellent economy, low crime and
needs no guidance from others. They have taken their place as a member
of the Family of Nations. Russia should take note and do likewise.
Russia does have a lot to offer.
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-29 18:23:47 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
<http://tinyurl.com/watch-maga>

Go eat some shit dude.
ZZyXX
that hasn't worked very well for you
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-29 18:32:23 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
.. E. coli .. pork (60%), beef (70%), chicken (80%) and
turkey (90%). .. North America has become a top producer of
one of the deadliest strains of the bacteria .. E. coli is
an indicator of fecal contamination, so most of the meat is
contaminated with feces .. <http://tinyurl.com/yy8wsmkp>

The Americans are shit eaters.
George Black
2021-03-29 19:04:10 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
I wonder what we would find were we to examine the Russian Freezing
Works for contamination...
Those flint knives leave a lot to be desired
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-29 19:37:24 UTC
Post by George Black
Post by ZZyXX
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
American food regulations are much looser against many of other
countries including Russia. It is so due to corporate lobbyings.
It makes you shit eaters.
ZZyXX
2021-03-30 19:14:13 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
Warning: This Is Not Cheese. In Russia, Watch What You Eat
If you live in Russia, you may already be worried about what you’re
eating. If you’re not worried, maybe you should be.
By Peter Hobson
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2016/07/22/warning-this-is-not-cheese-in-russia-watch-what-you-eat-a54689

Yevgeny Tonkonogy
If you live in Russia, you may already be worried about what you’re
eating. If you’re not worried, maybe you should be.

Watchdogs say dairy producers routinely added starch, chalk and soap to
their milk. One-fifth of caviar brands contained bacteria linked to E.
coli. Bread bakers were discovered to use “fifth-grade” wheat, the sort
usually intended for cattle. More than half the sliced salmon on shop
shelves has been judged unsafe.

And those are only the most recent revelations.

Quality control in Russia’s food sector appears to have broken down.
Products are plentiful. But behind the glossy labels, their true
contents are a lottery.

How did things get so bad?

Power to Business
In Russia’s chaotic history since the downfall of the Soviet Union,
there was likely never a golden age of food quality. But things
undoubtedly took a turn for the worse in 2010, says Irina Tikhmyanova, a
spokesperson for Roscontrol, a non-profit organization that monitors
food standards.

Back then, Dmitry Medvedev was president, and his slogan was that “state
bodies must stop tormenting business.” One of the bureaucracies to be
thrown out was mandatory certification of food.

The old system was not perfect. Many officials were happy to sell
certification for a few hundred dollars. But it did ensure that any new
product underwent some scrutiny. And its demise tipped the balance of
power in the food industry toward business.

Food producers were now required only to declare that their food met
quality standards. They, together with retailers, were responsible for
quality. The state limited itself to checking each manufacturer once
every three years — and undertook to give prior warning before arriving,
unless an official complaint was received.

“It was a victory for businesses that lobbied for less state control,”
says Alexei Alexeyenko, assistant to the head of Russia’s Federal
Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance, Rosselkhoznadzor.

The changes dramatically weakened consumer protection. “To all intents
and purposes the layer of control between producers and the shop shelf —
the basis of any defense against poor quality food — has been
destroyed,” says Tikhmyanova. The end of certification left Russians
“increasingly reliant on the goodwill of producers and suppliers.”

Then, two years ago, something transformative happened. In 2014, Moscow
annexed Crimea and fomented civil war in eastern Ukraine. Most of the
developed world imposed sanctions on Russia in response. Then, a few
months later, the price of oil, Russia’s most important export, began to
fall rapidly.

There were two knock-on effects. First, Moscow imposed retaliatory bans
on most food imports from Europe, the U.S. and others who had joined the
sanctions. Second, Russia entered its deepest, longest recession since
the 1990s, and which is still to run its full course.

These developments poisoned the food market. Imports worth some $9
billion dollars a year were halted, freeing Russian producers from
high-quality competition. Meanwhile, as Russians became poorer, they
began to spend less on food.

That created ruthless pressure on producers to drive down prices. And
thanks to the newly weakened state oversight, many chose dishonest
methods. “Local food production began to grow very fast,” says
Alexeyenko. “But with it came a negative — thanks to a lack of
competition, producers began to falsify their products.”

This Product Is Not Cheese
When a group of concerned Russians set up Roscontrol three years ago to
monitor the quality of consumer goods, they expected around 15-20
percent of products they tested to be faulty. It turned out to be a
massive underestimation. “Sixty percent of the products tested by
Roscontrol are poor quality, unsafe or falsified,” says Tikhmyanova.

Roscontrol buys products in shops, subjects them to laboratory testing,
and publishes its findings online for the public to read. In April last
year, it was joined by a new state-funded body called Roskachestvo,
which does the same.

Their findings are often stunning. Thirty-six of 46 brands of cheese and
butter tested last year by Roscontrol were falsified — that is, they
violated sanitary norms, overused additives and preservatives, or were
dishonest about their ingredients. “This product cannot be called
cheese,” was the verdict on multiple products. One brand of butter,
whose wrapper shows cartoon cows grazing in a neon green field and
boasts a 72.5 percent fat content, was found to “contain no animal fat,
only vegetable oils.”

A mere seven of 33 brands of sausage tested by Roscontrol in March met
quality standards. The others contained potato flour, soy, unidentified
additives and skin. In another test, two out of ten mineral water brands
used recycled water; another two exceeded permitted levels of
radioactivity. Among the offenders were major, nationwide brands and
foreign companies.

These are not problems that are going to kill you. At least, probably
not. Often, the fraud involved is a minor misstatement of a product’s
contents. But worse does happen.

Roskachestvo unearthed its most shocking discovery while scrutinizing
red caviar. Thirteen of the 23 brands tested failed to meet sanitary
requirements. Five contained E. coli, a bacteria that lives in the gut
and can be deadly.

The tests revealed multiple problems along the entire caviar supply
chain, says Ilya Loevsky, Roskachestvo’s deputy director. Neither
Roscontrol nor Roskachestvo can impose penalties themselves, so the
information was passed to the companies involved and state authorities.
Some stores removed the offending products, and some producers took
immediate action, says Loevsky. But “some unscrupulous producers simply
ignore the results,” he added.

Authorities have all the findings and have taken them into account,
Loevsky said. He promised “there will be consequences.” But many of
these brands, and other brands exposed in different investigations,
remain on sale. It is unclear whether their quality or ingredients have
changed.

Deep Dishonesty
The truth is that powerful market logic is pushing producers to exchange
more expensive ingredients for cheaper ones. At the safe end, this means
passing off cheap white fish as cod. At the unsafe end, factories are
padding out cheese with technical-grade palm oil unfit for human
consumption.

The food manufacturing sector is rife with substandard producers and
“blatant crooks,” says Nikolai Vlasov, the deputy head of
Rosselkhoznadzor. The deceit penetrates all levels, he told the TASS
news agency in June. Company bosses are often unaware that rules are
being broken by underlings or suppliers hoping for quick profit. “It’s
corruption at lower levels — for example, someone carts out the cream
and switches it with vegetable oil — or it’s a “gift” from business
partners,” he said.

Fraud creates a vicious cycle that pushes down prices and makes it
harder for honest producers to stay in business. With Russians’ incomes
still falling, the situation is becoming worse. “In the longer term,”
says Tikhmyanova, “this sort of price competition could cause quality
products to die out.”

“The main problem,” according to Andrei Danilenko, head of the Russian
Union of Milk Producers, “is that fines are so miserable that there is
no incentive to change.” It takes Rospotrebnadzor, the state consumer
rights watchdog responsible for doling out punishments, months to prove
allegations against companies, Danilenko says. The maximum fine for a
typical violation is 500,000 rubles ($8,000) — mere “kopeks” to
business. Sometimes Rospotrebnadzor can’t even find the offender —
manufacturers have been known to put fake company names on product labels.

But tougher rules could be on the way. “People are beginning to take
this seriously,” says Rosselkhoznadzor’s Alexeyenko. They are starting
to realize that a degraded food industry “imperils our health and is an
extremely serious risk for the economy,” he says. If low standards
become ingrained, Russian goods would be unable to compete with foreign
rivals.

The agriculture minister has called for fines to be multiplied until
companies “can feel them,” and suggested introducing criminal
responsibility for fraud. There is talk of cigarette pack-style health
warnings on products that contain palm oil. Last month, the government
adopted a strategic plan to boost food standards through 2030.

But these efforts may clash with other, more urgent priorities. Putin
sees food production as an urgent national security issue. He wants
Russia to produce enough to feed itself by the end of the decade. Large
agricultural holdings have meanwhile been making bumper profits in
recent years. Many of these are owned by well connected tycoons. At
least some of them, according to Vlasov, have been involved in fraud.

Finally, Putin is wary of upsetting his electorate. He said last year
regulation must not increase production costs or the price of food in
shops. Better to have skin in a few sausages than risk a full-blown food
price riot.

Working Fast
So what’s the solution?

Fraud will continue as long as Russians are stuck in economic slump and
clamoring for cheaper products, says Dmitry Vostrikov, head of
development at Russia’s food producers lobby, Rosprodsoyuz. “The
situation will improve if people’s incomes begin to rise,” he says.

Loevsky disagrees. Roskachestvo’s investigations show that price has no
direct correlation with quality. Discount brands frequently outclassed
premium-brand rivals.

Loevsky says the answer is better information for consumers. Roscontrol
and Roskachestvo are exposing the worst offenders. Roskachestvo is also
working with consumer watchdogs in Europe and the U.S., and pioneering a
new certificate of quality that companies can display on their branding.

The numbers remain small. Roskachestvo receives only a few dozen
complaints and tip-offs from consumers each week, and around 3,000
people visit its website each day.

“We are trying to work very fast,” says Loevsky. But, he adds, “solving
the problem will take years.” In the meantime, then, be careful what you
buy.

russians are shit producers
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-30 20:58:34 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
.. E. coli .. pork (60%), beef (70%), chicken (80%) and turkey (90%). ..
North America has become a top producer of one of the deadliest strains of
the bacteria .. E. coli is an indicator of fecal contamination, so most of
the meat is
contaminated with feces .. <http://tinyurl.com/yy8wsmkp>
The Americans are shit eaters.
Warning: This Is Not Cheese. In Russia, Watch What You Eat
If you live in Russia, you may already be worried about what you're eating.
If you're not worried, maybe you should be.
By Peter Hobson
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2016/07/22/warning-this-is-not-cheese-in-russia-watch-what-you-eat-a54689
A CIA-linked outlet.
Post by ZZyXX
Yevgeny Tonkonogy
If you live in Russia, you may already be worried about what you're eating.
If you're not worried, maybe you should be.
Watchdogs say
Links?
Watchdogs refuted <https://bit.ly/3sx4twd>, in contrast.
Post by ZZyXX
undoubtedly took a turn for the worse in 2010, says Irina Tikhmyanova, a
spokesperson for Roscontrol, a non-profit organization that monitors food
standards.
There was such a group of extremists, GreenPeace-like style.

They eventually got tired and calmed down about 2 years ago.

By the way, Russia's food exports are increasing by 10-20% per
year in the recent years (and meat/poultry exports are increasing
even faster).
PaxPerPoten
2021-03-30 23:46:17 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
By the way, Russia's food exports are increasing by 10-20% per
year in the recent years (and meat/poultry exports are increasing
even faster).
Stands to reason. If it isn't fit to eat, export it in hopes someone
else will have Maggots and Hogs that need feeding.
Byker
2021-03-31 18:06:41 UTC
By the way, Russia's food exports are increasing by 10-20% per year in
the recent years (and meat/poultry exports are increasing even faster).
Stands to reason. If it isn't fit to eat, export it in hopes someone else
will have Maggots and Hogs that need feeding.
I always wondered whatever became of the produce of Chernobyl Farms:

Sell it to the turd world as "mystery meat"...
PaxPerPoten
2021-03-30 23:40:13 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
Yet you eat it and have never spit any of it out. It must be good for
you to be as fat and out of shape as you are. If not, Stupidity and
Vodka must be fattening.
George Black
2021-03-29 19:00:54 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
No answer possible eh...
Why does Putin keep employing this retard
Jim Wilkins
2021-03-29 20:19:09 UTC

--------------------------------------
Russian psychiatrists are testing the monkey-with-a-keyboard theory.
PaxPerPoten
Same reason many Americans keep watching the "3 Stooges".
Byker
2021-03-29 22:45:43 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Go eat some shit dude.
Oleg is petrified by the prospect of yet another
Golden Horde sweeping across the steppes...
Leper
2021-03-30 23:51:53 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Go eat some shit dude.
Oleg is petrified by the prospect of yet another Golden Horde sweeping
across the steppes...
This time they will get it right. Rape the Women and kill the men.
Look what happened when they got it backwards. An Oleg!
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-31 00:50:49 UTC
Post by Leper
Oleg is petrified by the prospect of yet another Golden Horde
sweeping across the steppes...
This time they will get it right. Rape the Women and kill the men.
Look what happened when they got it backwards. An Oleg!
If you shit eaters were less ignorant, you'd know
that yet another Golden Horde is already incorporated
into Russia.
PaxPerPoten
Whine on! Whine on! Is Olegs favorite hum-a-long. ;-)
PaxPerPoten
2021-03-30 23:36:04 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by Stephen Harding
[...]
Nice picture of your Mother getting ready to birth your Twin Brother.
Are you also the Father?
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-31 00:39:57 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/watch-maga>
Nice picture of your Mother getting ready to birth your Twin Brother.
Are you also the Father?
This piece of art shows a genuine American spirit.
It is named Old Glory. Produced by a great American
artist Keith Boadwee <https://bit.ly/3w92AIt>
Leper
Good picture of Oleg recycling his Vodka.
PaxPerPoten
2021-03-31 20:24:19 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<http://tinyurl.com/watch-maga>
Nice picture of your Mother getting ready to birth your Twin Brother.
Are you also the Father?
Aw, come on Oleg. Fess up.
<https://bit.ly/3w92AIt>
Byker
2021-03-31 18:06:36 UTC
Which one is Oleg? http://rlu.ru/2KpI3
PaxPerPoten
2021-03-31 20:24:32 UTC
Since the Chernobyl Fiasco. It could be both.
Byker
2021-03-29 20:32:50 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
I see, your desperate last hope is to egg up China against Russia.
Oleg goes shopping:

Oh, he must pine away for the good old days of queuing at Moscow's GUM
department store...
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-29 21:06:37 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Oleg Smirnov
I see, your desperate last hope is to egg up China against Russia.
Oleg goes shopping: http://youtu.be/m6wAtzrTZbo
Byker got clickbaited.

Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-29 22:08:48 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/ygd9adwn> slate.fr

F-35 accidentally hit by one of its own bullets

.. In early March, an F-35 fighter jet, reputed to be one of the
most sophisticated in the world, one of the most expensive also,
shot himself on his own .. A 25-millimeter bullet, fired from a
weapon placed under the aircraft, exploded in its out of the gun,
causing severe damage to the aircraft ..

So the sad saga continues.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn>
The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-29 23:22:40 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/nauuprh4> nationalheraldindia.com

Europe prepares for life without America ..

Turns out, it is not just the European political class but the Europe
itself that has started to take a long-awaited cynical view of the
shenanigans of its cousin across the pond .. The survey summarises that
a clear majority of Europeans .. now think that [Biden] will be unable
to help the US mount a comeback hitherto pre-eminent global leader. It
also suggests that the majority of Europeans in almost every country
polled .. also believe that the political system in the States is
fundamentally broken, and that Europe must not depend on the US to
defend it .. Only 10 per cent in France and Germany believe that their
country needs the American security guarantee a great deal .. In other
Western and Northern European countries is between 14-18 per cent ..

The figures turn progressively bad for DC when it comes to taking sides
in the Sino-American conflict. At the bare minimum, 50 per cent of
those polled in every country wants their respective governments to
remain neutral in such a conflict .. The scenario becomes prohibitively
bad when the same question is fielded vis-à-vis Russia .. All the
respondents polled want their governments to take a neutral stand. ..
This broad-based survey appears to be a damning verdict on the decline
of American power and its belief in its exceptionalism .. These beliefs
are solidifying in Europe ..

Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn>
The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure
Oleg Smirnov
2021-03-30 15:40:56 UTC
<https://tinyurl.com/3vsaahvb> theparliamentmagazine.eu

In a pan-European survey of over 15,000 citizens in ten EU Member
States, just 10 percent held the view that the US was a "reliable"
security partner ..

The survey showed that at least 60 percent of respondents in every
country polled - and 67 percent across all the countries - felt
their country could not depend on US support .. Two thirds of
those surveyed indicated the importance of Europe looking after its
own defence capabilities rather than relying primarily on the US ..

The Euros seek to distance themselves from the US.
They see the all-round American decline, and what will America do?
America will remain in decline, with acceleration.
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/yden69sn>
The US Air Force Quietly Admits the F-35 Is a Failure
Byker
2021-03-30 19:26:33 UTC
Post by Oleg Smirnov
<https://tinyurl.com/3vsaahvb> theparliamentmagazine.eu
In a pan-European survey of over 15,000 citizens in ten EU Member States,
just 10 percent held the view that the US was a "reliable" security
partner ..
And it shows:

https://blackpigeonspeaks.com/video/rp-1-europe-the-next-yugoslavia/

https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Death-Europe-Immigration-Identity/dp/1472942248