Af/Pak & Other News (8/7/2019)
d***@hotmail.com
2019-08-07 18:15:01 UTC
Taliban suicide bomber strikes police in Kabul:

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2019/08/taliban-suicide-bomber-strikes-police-in-kabul.php

Pakistan downgrades relations with India over Kashmir move:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-kashmir/pakistan-downgrades-relations-with-india-over-kashmir-move-idUSKCN1UX0YJ

Pakistan cuts off all trade with India after it abruptly revoked Kashmir's
quasi-independence and cut off the internet:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kashmir-pakistan-suspend-trade-downgrade-bilateral-relations-india-2019-8

Is America Surrendering to the Taliban in Afghanistan?:

https://freebeacon.com/blog/is-america-surrendering-taliban/

Analysis: How India's actions in Kashmir could spark a new war with Pakistan:

https://news.yahoo.com/analysis-indias-actions-kashmir-could-184455084.html

Iran releases videos of the testing of Yasin, Balaban and Qaem PGMs:

http://alert5.com/2019/08/07/iran-releases-videos-of-the-testing-of-yasin-balaban-and-qaem-pgms/

Security forces apprehend terrorist for killing 100 persons in 2015:

https://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/security-forces-apprehend-terrorist-for-killing-100-persons-in-2015/

Yemen: Suicidal Stubbornness:

https://www.strategypage.com/qnd/yemen/articles/20190807.aspx

Turkey, U.S. agree to form joint operation centre for Syria safe zone:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-security-turkey/turkey-u-s-agree-to-form-joint-operation-centre-for-syria-safe-zone-idUSKCN1UX0Y9

Trump pulled critical US personnel out of Syria and Iraq. Now ISIS is making a
bloody comeback:

https://taskandpurpose.com/isis-insurgency-iraq-syria-trump

ISIS is using a Syrian detention camp to rebuild in Syria:

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-is-using-a-Syrian-detention-camp-to-rebuild-in-Syria-597907

Syrian troops take villages, push toward key rebel-held town:

https://apnews.com/04ef5cc8e8a44b0fb33f7b2061d4a7a4

Israel: The Institute Shares:

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htterr/articles/20190807.aspx

Israeli-made drones shot down in Libya; How did they get there?:

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israeli-made-drones-shot-down-in-Libya-597942

East Libya Forces Say They Destroyed Russia-Made Cargo Plane:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-06/east-libya-forces-say-they-destroyed-cargo-plane-carrying-arms

The Air Force's New Base In Niger Is Getting A Major Addition Before It Even
Opens:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29291/the-air-forces-new-base-in-niger-is-getting-a-major-addition-before-it-even-opens

Russia has tripled military presence in Crimea for 'possible offensive
operations' against Ukraine, says intel report:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/russia-has-tripled-military-presence-in-crimea-for-possible-offensive-operations-against-ukraine-says-intel-report

Chernobyl's 'sarcophagus,' which helped contain the spread of radiation, is
being dismantled because it's teetering on collapse:

https://www.businessinsider.com/chernobyl-sarcophagus-cleanup-workers-dismantle-2019-8

Russia Rehearses Multi-Platform Warfare in the Baltic Sea:

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2019/08/07/russia_rehearses_multi-platform_warfare_in_the_baltic_sea_114647.html

Full Analysis Of The First Flight Of Russia's 'Hunter' Unmanned Combat Air
Vehicle:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29311/behold-the-first-flight-of-russias-hunter-unmanned-combat-air-vehicle

Gunfire as special forces raid Kyrgyz ex-president’s home:

https://apnews.com/26cc6ded3a1d4771a854a5de8b1996bc

Romanian Engineers Have Created a Fully Functional Flying Saucer:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kz4qey/romanian-engineers-have-created-a-fully-functional-flying-saucer-adifo

Royal Navy ship shadows Russian vessel through Channel:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/07/royal-navy-ship-hms-forth-shadows-russian-vessel-vasily-bykov-english-channel

South Korea to take delivery of RQ-4 from next month:

http://alert5.com/2019/08/07/south-korea-to-take-delivery-of-rq-4-from-next-month/

China launches exercises on disputed Paracel Islands, report says:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2019/08/06/China-launches-exercises-on-disputed-Paracel-Islands-report-says/7761565107576/

China has plans for an old US WWII port in the Pacific, and it's adding to fears
that Beijing is up to something:

https://www.businessinsider.com/sink-or-swim-chinese-port-plans-put-pacific-back-in-play-2019-8

North Korea reportedly steals cryptocurrency to bankroll its nuclear program:

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-reportedly-steals-cryptocurrency-010355682.html

A damning new report lays blame for the USS John S. McCain collision squarely on
the Navy:

https://taskandpurpose.com/a-damning-new-report-lays-blame-for-the-uss-john-s-mccain-squarely-on-the-navy

A Reformed White Nationalist Says the Worst Is Yet to Come:

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2019/08/reformed-white-nationalist-says-worst-yet-come/158989/?oref=d-river

Bernie Sanders Promises to Tell Us About Aliens if He's Elected President:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7e7n/if-elected-president-bernie-sanders-promises-to-tell-us-about-aliens

This Is The Crazy Way U.S. Army Special Operators Rapidly Assault Moving Trains:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29306/this-is-the-crazy-way-u-s-army-special-operators-rapidly-assault-moving-trains

US Military Will Use Big Brother Monitoring Technology to Track All Movement in
the USA:

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/08/us-military-will-use-big-brother-monitoring-technology-to-track-all-movement-in-the-usa.html

Raytheon releases details of Air Force’s advanced laser system contract:

https://defence-blog.com/news/raytheon-releases-details-of-air-forces-advanced-laser-system-contract.html

A Boeing-Northrop Team May Be The Only Way To Fix The Air Force's Flawed ICBM
Competition:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2019/08/06/a-boeing-northrop-team-may-be-the-only-way-to-fix-the-air-forces-flawed-icbm-competition

Air Force Reveals Tests Of Supposed Record-Setting Scramjet Engine From Northrop
Grumman:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29307/air-force-reveals-tests-of-supposed-record-setting-scramjet-engine-from-northrop-grumman

Army Seeks Small Satellites To Support Ground Troops:

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/08/army-seeks-small-satellites-to-support-ground-troops/

U.S. Air Force could acquire a fleet of stealthy unmanned fighter jets:

https://defence-blog.com/news/u-s-air-force-could-acquire-a-fleet-of-stealthy-unmanned-fighter-jets.html

The F-35 Could Make Some Neighborhoods in the U.S. Unliveable:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a28625774/f-35-too-loud/

F-35 Spots Targets For Army Missile Defenders:

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/08/f-35-spots-targets-for-army-missile-defenders/

Navy Ships to Destroy Nuclear-Armed Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles:

https://defensemaven.io/warriormaven/sea/navy-ships-to-destroy-nuclear-armed-inter-continental-ballistic-missiles-5nZPCMsBnUWQDXi96MAEKg/

7 Myths about LCS:

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2019/august/7-myths-about-lcs
SolomonW
2019-08-08 11:04:04 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7e7n/if-elected-president-bernie-sanders-promises-to-tell-us-about-aliens
Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us

Now has offically 2 million going and 1.4 million interested
d***@hotmail.com
2019-08-08 18:05:09 UTC
Post by SolomonW
Post by d***@hotmail.com
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7e7n/if-elected-president-bernie-sanders-promises-to-tell-us-about-aliens
Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us
Now has offically 2 million going and 1.4 million interested
Show on "Black Triangle" UFOs:

Old patent applications:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20030209637A1/en

Hmmmmm.
SolomonW
2019-08-10 07:53:13 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by SolomonW
Post by d***@hotmail.com
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7e7n/if-elected-president-bernie-sanders-promises-to-tell-us-about-aliens
Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us
Now has offically 2 million going and 1.4 million interested
http://youtu.be/tDUF4NtYtxU
OMG, in Israel because of the security problems there, if you report a UFO
and they find nothing, you may be told to see a psychologist. I think this
is why they have years with sightings.
https://i.imgur.com/GEzTCZS.png
Hmmmmm.
d***@hotmail.com
2019-08-10 22:28:02 UTC
Post by SolomonW
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by d***@hotmail.com
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20030209637A1/en
https://i.imgur.com/GEzTCZS.png
Hmmmmm.
I wonder if Bernie Sanders would have any better luck on the UFO issue than
Barry Goldwater did?

"Former presidential candidate and Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater tried, on
multiple occasions in the late 1960’s and 70’s, to gain access to certain areas
of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base but was denied access where, he alleged, the
Air Force was hiding evidence regarding flying saucers.

“I think the government does know [about UFOs]," Goldwater said in a 1994 radio
interview. "I can’t back that up, but I think that at Wright-Patterson field, if
you could get into a certain place, you’d find out what the Air Force and the
government knows about UFOs.”

“I called Curtis LeMay [Goldwater's running mate and former Air Force General]
and I said, ‘General, I know we have a room at Wright-Patterson where you put
all this secret stuff. Could I go in there?’ I’ve never heard him get mad, but
he got madder than hell at me, cussed me out, and said, ‘Don’t ever ask me that
question again!’”"

See:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjwqp5/tom-delonges-ufo-research-center-is-making-politicians-demand-answers
David E. Powell
As much as I wish he had been, Barry Goldwater was never elected President. I am not sure if any U.S. Military Base could refuse entry to the President, within reason. (If the President demands entry to a radioactive "Hot Room," for instance, they may well be flatly told "No.")
d***@hotmail.com
2019-08-11 03:10:03 UTC
Post by David E. Powell
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by SolomonW
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by d***@hotmail.com
[...]
Presidential candidate Andrew Yang has an interest in the subject:

"Democratic Party 2020 presidential candidate Andrew Yang has confirmed his
interest in further investigation of the UFO (unidentified flying object)
phenomena, which has reentered the mainstream discourse in recent years thanks
to ongoing disclosures from Pentagon funded investigations of mysterious aerial
phenomena."

See:

https://www.newsweek.com/democratic-candidates-2020-andrew-yang-ufos-2019-presidential-1404196

So did Bill Clinton:

"Clinton did want to know, Webster Hubbell, Clinton’s associate attor­ney
general, wrote in his own memoir. As AAG, Hubbell claimed that President Clinton
asked him to find out all that he could about two things: who killed JFK and
what the government knew about UFOs. He reported to the president after being
stonewalled by the relevant agencies that there was a secret government that
closely holds secrets to which the president doesn’t even have access."

See:

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/28/bill-clinton-and-ufos-did-he-ever-find-out-if-the-truth-was-out-there/