Some military aviation reading
Geoffrey Sinclair
2020-11-01 11:16:13 UTC
Royal Canadian Air Force operations record books at
https://heritage.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.lac_mikan_135766

An index can be found in several places, like at
https://wartimes.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=290

Mosquito drawings find,
https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/secret-mosquito-180967119/
It would be nice if Gordon found out about these.

A new book, for WWII, The Secret Horsepower Race - Western Front
Fighter Engine Development by Calum E Douglas
Tempest Books, ISBN: 9781911658504, Hardback, Pages: 480
Published: October 19, 2020

Geoffrey Sinclair
Remove the nb for email
Peter Stickney
2020-11-02 05:43:53 UTC
Post by Geoffrey Sinclair
Royal Canadian Air Force operations record books at
https://heritage.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.lac_mikan_135766
Oh, dear! Another fire hose to drink from.
Post by Geoffrey Sinclair
An index can be found in several places, like at
https://wartimes.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=290
Mosquito drawings find,
https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/secret-mosquito-180967119/
It would be nice if Gordon found out about these.
A new book, for WWII, The Secret Horsepower Race - Western Front Fighter
9781911658504, Hardback, Pages: 480 Published: October 19, 2020
I've had the chance to review sections of "Secret Horsepower Race", and
I've already go my order in.
/home/peter/signature
Jim Wilkins
2020-11-02 12:14:34 UTC

===============================

http://www.enginehistory.org/Biography/FrankWalkerWeb1.pdf
Keith Willshaw
So have I , something else to read during lockdown :)
Keith Willshaw
2020-11-07 18:20:32 UTC
Post by Peter Stickney
I've had the chance to review sections of "Secret Horsepower Race",
and I've already go my order in.
 So have I , something else to read during lockdown :)
Just arrived, first impressions are very good, lots of detailed
drawings, photos and test data, should keep me busy for a while.

Geoffrey Sinclair
2020-11-05 10:09:15 UTC
Post by Peter Stickney
Post by Geoffrey Sinclair
Royal Canadian Air Force operations record books at
https://heritage.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.lac_mikan_135766
Oh, dear! Another fire hose to drink from.
Yes, but think reference collection. Imagine someone digitising and
indexing all the text.
Post by Peter Stickney
Post by Geoffrey Sinclair
An index can be found in several places, like at
https://wartimes.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=290
Mosquito drawings find,
https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/secret-mosquito-180967119/
It would be nice if Gordon found out about these.
A new book, for WWII, The Secret Horsepower Race - Western Front Fighter
9781911658504, Hardback, Pages: 480 Published: October 19, 2020
I've had the chance to review sections of "Secret Horsepower Race", and
I've already go my order in.
So after that comes,

RAF 38 Group was the troop carrier force but being equipped with ex
bombers at times it apparently ran some leaflet and bombing raids.

"A Noble Pair of Brothers" by Wg. Com. DH Wood ISBN 0 9528377 0 6
This is the History of 38 group and gives details of all ops by squadron
and aircraft and loads.

"Though Without Anger" by Collin Cummings ISBN 978 0 9526619 6 2
This details all the losses on a daily basis of special duties aircraft and
assault gliders from 1940 to 1945.

Something unusual, in French, for June 1944.

La Luftwaffe face au débarquement allié: by Jean-Bernard Frappé.

"Actually only the jagdwaffe. It treats each unit involved chronologically,
with a description of combats. The Annexes include a daily list of
confirmed victories by pilot, unit and aircraft werkenummer (where
known), and a daily list of losses. "

Geoffrey Sinclair
Remove the nb for email.