Douglas F6D Missileer
Rob Arndt
2010-11-03 21:44:20 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer

Rob
Daryl Hunt
2010-11-03 22:01:29 UTC
Post by Rob Arndt
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missileer.jpg/300px-F6D-1_Missileer.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
Jeff Dougherty
2010-11-03 22:27:47 UTC
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like  a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
More like a follow-on to the F3D Skyknight. The profiles are almost
identical.

-JTD
David E. Powell
2010-11-04 01:04:09 UTC
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like  a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
More like a follow-on to the F3D Skyknight.  The profiles are almost
identical.
Agreed, and similar "Radar fighter" concept with missiles instead of
guns. (F3D was one of the first guided missile-toting fighters.)
-JTD
Daryl Hunt
2010-11-04 01:36:03 UTC
Post by David E. Powell
Post by Jeff Dougherty
Post by Daryl Hunt
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
More like a follow-on to the F3D Skyknight. The profiles are almost
identical.
Agreed, and similar "Radar fighter" concept with missiles instead of
guns. (F3D was one of the first guided missile-toting fighters.)
Post by Jeff Dougherty
-JTD
I see that and I also see the signature Douglas fuselage that was
started with the AD and the A1. Just a natural progression. Th
canopy is definately Douglas late WWII through Korea.
David E. Powell
2010-11-04 03:51:51 UTC
Post by Daryl Hunt
Post by David E. Powell
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like  a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
More like a follow-on to the F3D Skyknight.  The profiles are almost
identical.
Agreed, and similar "Radar fighter" concept with missiles instead of
guns. (F3D was one of the first guided missile-toting fighters.)
-JTD
I see that and I also see the signature Douglas fuselage that was
started with the AD and the A1.  Just a natural progression. Th
canopy is definately Douglas late WWII through Korea.
I see your point. The rear fuselage and tail empennage are very
similar.
Rob Arndt
2010-11-04 05:05:22 UTC
Post by David E. Powell
Post by Daryl Hunt
Post by David E. Powell
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like  a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
More like a follow-on to the F3D Skyknight.  The profiles are almost
identical.
Agreed, and similar "Radar fighter" concept with missiles instead of
guns. (F3D was one of the first guided missile-toting fighters.)
-JTD
I see that and I also see the signature Douglas fuselage that was
started with the AD and the A1.  Just a natural progression. Th
canopy is definately Douglas late WWII through Korea.
I see your point. The rear fuselage and tail empennage are very
similar.- Hide quoted text -
The Douglas F6D Missileer was a concept for a subsonic fleet defence
machine, armed with six Bendix AAM-N-10 Eagle 100 mile range, two-
stage air to air missiles. The F6D would have had a loiter time of 6
hours 150 nautical miles from the carrier, and the three crew would
have engaged targets at long range using the powerfull nose-mounted
radar.

Art in French Colors:

Rob
Daryl Hunt
2010-11-04 05:12:20 UTC
Post by Rob Arndt
Post by David E. Powell
Post by Daryl Hunt
Post by David E. Powell
Post by Jeff Dougherty
-JTD
I see that and I also see the signature Douglas fuselage that was
started with the AD and the A1. Just a natural progression. Th
canopy is definately Douglas late WWII through Korea.
I see your point. The rear fuselage and tail empennage are very
similar.- Hide quoted text -
The Douglas F6D Missileer was a concept for a subsonic fleet defence
machine, armed with six Bendix AAM-N-10 Eagle 100 mile range, two-
stage air to air missiles. The F6D would have had a loiter time of 6
hours 150 nautical miles from the carrier, and the three crew would
have engaged targets at long range using the powerfull nose-mounted
radar.
http://rp-one.net/profiles/graphics/dou_f6d_mn_1.png
Rob
Hmm, almost looks like the for runner to the A-6.
Tankfixer
2010-11-04 05:34:02 UTC
In article <42518de1-b4cf-4a51-a61d-cf158c5d19e6
@l8g2000yql.googlegroups.com>, ***@msn.com says...
Post by David E. Powell
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/F6D-1_Missi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F6D_Missileer
Rob
Looks like  a follon AC from the AD and the A1.
More like a follow-on to the F3D Skyknight.  The profiles are almost
identical.
Agreed, and similar "Radar fighter" concept with missiles instead of
guns. (F3D was one of the first guided missile-toting fighters.)
The airframe died but the missile was further developed into the AM-54
Phoenix