Watch Comet A3 Light Up The Night Sky
Add Reply
a425couple
2024-10-17 15:26:49 UTC
Click on below citation to see the video.
Look to the west soon after sunset.

Watch Comet A3 Light Up The Night Sky
October 16, 2024
Comet A3 only comes this close to Earth every 80,000 years. Watch the
comet as it glimmered over Colorado and South Dakota Monday night.

from
https://weather.com/science/space/video/comet-a3-time-lapse-over-colorado
Jim Wilkins
2024-10-17 16:03:13 UTC
"a425couple" wrote in message news:Z0aQO.182728$***@fx12.iad...

Click on below citation to see the video.
Look to the west soon after sunset.

Watch Comet A3 Light Up The Night Sky
October 16, 2024
Comet A3 only comes this close to Earth every 80,000 years. Watch the
comet as it glimmered over Colorado and South Dakota Monday night.

from
https://weather.com/science/space/video/comet-a3-time-lapse-over-colorado
---------------------
Thanks. I looked between and above Venus and Arcturus but couldn't see it
last night.
a425couple
2024-10-17 17:01:31 UTC
Post by a425couple
Click on below citation to see the video.
Look to the west soon after sunset.
Watch Comet A3 Light Up The Night Sky
October 16, 2024
Comet A3 only comes this close to Earth every 80,000 years. Watch the
comet as it glimmered over Colorado and South Dakota Monday night.
from
https://weather.com/science/space/video/comet-a3-time-lapse-over-colorado
---------------------
Thanks. I looked between and above Venus and Arcturus but couldn't see
it last night.
That sounds like a BUMMER.
I have not seen it yet either, but I rarely look west.
earthsky says:

Comet A3 is the brightest comet in 27 years! Don’t miss it
Posted by Kelly Kizer Whitt and Eddie Irizarry

October 17, 2024
A comet with a thin light coming out the front and a ball of stars at top.
View at EarthSky Community Photos. | Makrem Larnaout in Tunisia captured
Comet A3 on October 16, 2024, when the globular cluster M5 was within
view. Thank you, Makrem!
Brightest comet in 27 years!!
In case you haven’t heard … Comet C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan-ATLAS) – aka
Comet A3 – is in the evening sky! And it’s the brightest comet in 27
years, the brightest since Hale-Bopp in 1997. Look to the upper right of
the bright planet Venus for Comet A3 and its long wispy tail.